Thursday, March 15, 2012

You're so BIG!!!

Yes, that's the sentence of the day, or rather the week!!! Been hearing this so often for the past one to two weeks especially yesterday that I was quite annoyed. It's like.. it's obvious lar I'm big, don't have to tell me so MANY times. I think my mom told me like 5-10 times in this week (and it was only Wednesday!) that I'm huge and I don't think telling me over and over again will make my bump grow any smaller :S

Here's a photo of me taken on 14th March evening, at week 22 only. Doesn't matter if I'm huge, most importantly, I'M HEALTHY & HAPPY!!!! ;)


This photo is one of the smallest-looking bump that was taken yesterday because I was standing. The others of me sitting down looked way bigger.

I met two expectant mothers this week; on Tuesday and yesterday, Wednesday. Both of them gave the same comments that I'm way bigger than them & one of them even doubted that I got my week 22 right. Haha! One of them is about a month ahead of me, around week 27 but her bump is so much smaller than mine. Her baby only weighs 400 plus grams and mine was about 506 grams on Friday. The other is just 2 weeks behind me; I actually found out her pregnancy together with her when I went together with her to see a doctor for her insurance purpose medical examinations. That was many months ago, which I thought I was also about a month ahead of her but apparently it is only two weeks. Maybe she got her pregnancy weeks wrong initially because I'm definitely sure I'm in week 22 now. My Dr's ultrasound images and measurements confirmed I'm week 22 last Friday.

I know that the bump sizes is not a competition. I know some expectant mothers or fathers prefer a smaller or bigger bump. Most of them prefer bigger bumps because studies have shown that most pregnant women are proud of their bumps. I have a male friend who was complaining that her wife's bump is smaller than mine (almost every time he sees me!) and she is a month ahead of me. So, I guess I'll just take these comments positively and accept them with pride.. my bump is bigger than usual and I'm happy about it! ;)

I measured my belly again last night and it's the same as Sunday, which was 39 inches for week 22. I was 38 inches in week 21. That's another inch gain within a week. Seriously, if this continues, I think I might really reach 57 inches by week 40!!!??? Haha. My friends have reassured me that it won't likely to happen because they did not reach 50 inches at the end of their pregnancy. So, I still have about 10 inches to go before the 50th inch. Will be measuring my belly on every Sunday.

Pregnancy talk is the main topic in my everyday conversations nowadays. There is a total of 15 dragon babies I know that have born and will be born this year; this is a year to date number in my list. I'm sure I'll continue to add names into this list. I have been buying so many baby stuffs whenever I see a sale or some interesting items, not because of my baby but for these new babies that are coming to this world! There will be a huge increase of population this year, especially in the Chinese community. SJ and I have to quickly search for kindergarten, primary school once baby is born.

Feeling the stress a little as baby's arrival is nearing. Next major thing to do is researching, surveying and confirming shopping list!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment