Thursday, July 19, 2012

We're so EXCITED that we'll see baby soon!! I'm 41 weeks pregnant tomorrow!




These photos were taken by Jay at my baby shower thrown by my wonderful childhood girlfriends on the 3rd of June 2012. Will blog about this fun filled party another day.

This post is probably the last entry before baby is born because tomorow at this time, I'll be in the hospital. SJ is taking a day off tomorrow to accompany me so we'll spend some time together before the 3rd member that forms our very own family unit joins us on Friday ;) We will have a good relax day tomorrow and I'll get admitted tomorow night after dinner. Then, inducing of labour will happen on Friday morning and we'll meet baby on Friday evening! :D

I have organised almost everything at work today and I promised my assistant that she won't be seeing me again for another month or so as baby will definitely come out on Friday. She kept getting surprises from me appearing in office and she asked me today whether do I feel any pain or discomfort as I have past my due date. I told her I am feeling good, just heavy and big; I even drove to office today.

Came back home and called my confinement lady to finalize the ingredients to buy so she can cook for me when I discharge from the hospital this weekend. I have tidied and packed our things to move to my parents' for confinement. Here are pictures of my confinement room:


SJ set up the portable baby cot few weeks back and we bought a storage shelf from Ikea to temporarily store baby's items during confinement period. The room has two single beds; one for me and another for my confinement lady. We'll be moving to this room right after I discharge from the hospital; which should be Sunday or Monday afternoon. 

The day that we have been waiting for months is finally here! It is quite hard to believe because I used to think that the day baby will be born is very far away. I used to worry so much that sometimes I could get so negative and worried that this day would not come.. but it's finally here! SOOO HAPPY!! :)))) SJ asked me whether would I miss being pregnant since I have been carrying this bump with me all the time for so many months. Baby has been accompanying me in everything I do on a daily basis for the past 9 months. It is quite hard to believe that 41 weeks have passed and I think it would take me a while to get used to not having a huge bump and the kicking sensations in my tummy. Well, I guess if I missed it so much, we can always go for the second baby ;)

Realizing that baby is arriving also gave me a realization that our lives are REALLY going to change forever and there is no turning back now. We are officially responsible and in charge of another human being's life for a very long time. Suddenly felt a little stressed and pressured that I need to plan better and be focused. I guess it's a good positive change. We're growing up and we have a new title now: PARENTS! I could still remember the time when I was discussing with SJ the pros and cons of having children before we decide to get pregnant, and at that time, I viewed parenting as a job or a thing which can be measured and weighed. But now I have a completely different viewpoint of parenting; you cannot measure the love you have for another person, my child! I'm looking forward toward bringing up the being in my womb into this world and to show him all the wonderful and beautiful things in life. I feel that my life and our lives as a couple is complete with the arrival of our newborn. Can't believe that we've created a life together and it's truly a miracle.

Baby coming to this world on Friday! Life is beautiful! 


No comments:

Post a Comment