Friday, March 9, 2012

I'm 22 weeks pregnant today! :)


Today (Thursday, 8th March) marks the beginning of week 22 :) 



Felt like I've ballooned so much in this past one week. SJ thinks that I've grown quite a bit since Monday when he last saw me. He was away for business for 2 days. A client asked me today whether I'm 5-6 months pregnant now? My reply was like, I'm end of 4 months or beginning of 5 months only and she thinks that I'm pretty huge. Another person guessed that my due date is June, but actually it's July.

Babycenter.com sends me weekly updates on my pregnancy which I would forward to SJ. There was this part in today's newsletter states that 'If people are telling you that you look smaller or bigger than you should at this point, remember that all women and their babies grow at different rates. What's important is that you see continuous growth and change, not how fast or slow it is'. So, I guess it doesn't matter what size I am now, it's not a competition and I'm proud of my bump, whatever size/shape it is :) I should wear more tight tops so show off my bump even though I know my Mom would not like it. My mom thinks that tight maternity clothes are awful. Haha! 


Today has been a crazy busy day but has been a very productive day, in terms of at work. I'm feeling most comfortable now. I can move much quicker now in the morning without feeling nausea. It used to take me a long time to get ready to work. Now, I can almost use the same amount of time to get ready as when before I got pregnant :))) My appetite level is back to my pre-pregnancy; I don't eat as much now. I'm eating normal 3 meals now. I was eating 5 meals in my 1st trimester and I was always hungry. My skin is extra dry nowadays. Have to put really lots and lots of lotion. A friend commented that I smelled like a baby today with all the lotion that I've put on. Developed some rash on my knee since yesterday and the skin in my knee area hurts when it's dry. Also noticed some slight swollen feet and calves since yesterday :S Really have to practice some yoga moves at home and elevate my feet when I sleep. I think I would not be able to fit into my shoes very soon. 


So much changes is happening but I'm embracing it happily because baby is growing :) Really can't wait for 4.15pm tomorrow because I get to hear baby's heartbeats and see baby! One of my favourite thing! Oh yes, must remember to bring a thumbdrive to try to save baby's ultrasounds. It's FRIDAY tomorrow!! YAY! 

No comments:

Post a Comment