Saturday, March 17, 2012

Week 23! Daddy could feel baby's kicks! :)))))

I'm into week 23 now. How time flies! The weeks just passed by so quickly. Today (Friday, 16th March) is SUPER SPECIAL because SJ could feel baby's kicks/movements! :)))

Found this picture and thought it was quite funny. Baby doing taekwando in the tummy ;)

I think this is what going to happen in the 3rd trimester when baby has no much space in my tummy and I'll then feel his constant movements. I usually feel baby's movements after meals, that is after lunch and dinner or when I am sitting in a quiet room. I could also feel baby's movement when I am stuck in the traffic jams, which is quite frequent because I'm working in the jam-packed KL city. 

When I started to feel baby's movements in week 18, I've told SJ about it and he put his hand on my tummy trying to feel baby's kicks but he could not feel a thing. Sometimes I would go 'Ooo, baby's kicking now' but I could see from his face that he couldn't understand what was it like even though I pointed to him the spot that baby was kicking. I tried to describe to him that it was like a poke from the inside, a soft poke/push on my tummy from the inside, which I would then demonstrate by poking his arm. He would usually say ok but I knew that he doesn't really understand and I thought it's really too bad that I could not share these new fantastic sensations with him.

But today he felt baby's kicks!!! :)) We were watching 'So you think you can dance' on tv after dinner. I was sitting on the couch and I could feel baby's kicking quite strongly. Maybe baby wanted to dance too! I could see that my bump moved a little when baby kicked and I was pretty sure if someone placed their hands on my bump, they could feel it too. I told SJ to place his hand on the spot where baby just kicked; usually baby would kick 2 to 3 times on the same spot and SJ felt it!!! There was a delighted smile on his face :)))) It's such a fulfilling discovery!

Well, we been trying to feel more baby kicks tonight since that moment. Baby probably wondered why were there so much pressure (by hands) placed on the tummy area which probably had reduce his personal space! SJ told baby not to kick mommy too hard later because he is afraid that it might hurt mommy. That was really so sweet of him ;) 

As for now, I really don't mind feeling baby kicks all the time. Sometimes when I got so busy running around with work and forgot that I'm pregnant since I'm feeling ok most of the time nowadays, I would stop everything for a minute or two and feel baby's movement in my tummy and that feeling is definitely one of the best feelings in the world ;) That's definitely one of the happiest moments that tells me that everything is going great and nothing is worth worrying or stressed about. Baby kicks never fail to bring relief and a smile to my face ;) It's priceless!

2 comments:

  1. SUPER LIKE ur post Amy!!! So happy to hear little SJ is such an active baby. Tell SJ the kicking won't hurt mommy but brings more joy & assurance. Happy Sunday!!! :-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe! Thanks Audrey :)))) I'm happy too that baby is active. Yeah, SJ saw your comment & he knows now ;) You have a great Sunday too!

      Delete